Thinking About Lenses? Get a Contact Lens Exam First!
Switching from frames to contact lenses can do wonders for your lifestyle – they’re convenient, inexpensive and can now be made to correct most refractive errors.
However, not all eyes are created equal and a quick contact lens exam will help inform us on a few crucial factors:
- Whether your eye health will allow lenses
- Your new prescription, which is different from your eyeglasses
- How your lifestyle affects your options
- The ideal fit based on your eye shape, size, and curvature
- Eye health – Lenses are about living well, and good eye health will make that even easier. We assess every part of your eye, looking for tell-tale signs of diseases or abnormalities.
- Visual acuity – Any unexpected gaps in your eyesight? We’ll let you know, and create a precise prescription to bring your sight back to 20:20.
- Optimum comfort – The eye is a very sensitive organ, and when aggravated it makes the entire body feel tired and irritable. Tailored lenses will fit seamlessly onto the eye and you’ll barely know they’re there.
- Lifestyle-oriented lenses – Lenses can be daily, weekly or long-term. Your doctor will lead an in-depth discussion about your lifestyle and habits, before recommending the ideal lens type for you.
- Contact lens trial – There’s no sense hanging around – once we have your prescription, you’ll take a pair of lenses home that same day to test. We’ll also teach you how to insert and remove them without hurting your eye!