Proving Eye Care You Can Trust Since the 1940’s
60 years is a long time. Over the years, we’ve helped children and adults see better, helped find the perfect pair of frames for thousands of great customers, and made a a positive impact on our local community.
Our practice was started by Cy Glover in the 1940s, who was later joined by Dr. Bill Owens. In the early 1960’s, Dr. Daryl Abraham joined Dr. Owens, and they practiced together for many years. Patients still recall climbing the long staircase to the “Owens and Abraham” office on Seymour Street.
In 1986, the practice moved to the medical-dental building on Nicola Street and 3rd Avenue’s corner. After 30 years in that location, Nicola Eye Care was bursting at the seams.
Our new office location opened in August 2016. With an additional 1000 square feet, we’ve had the opportunity to incorporate cutting-edge eye care technology into our practice. Patients with mobility challenges have easy access to our facilities through level-entry from the street with ample parking.
We can’t wait to see what the next 60 years bring us!