Nicola Eye Care is Open & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and wellbeing of our staff, doctors, and patients is our number one priority. Our team continues to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice feels safe.
As most of you know, there are many challenges right now with COVID-19 and we would like you to know what Nicola Eye Care is doing to help prevent the spread:
What We Ask of Our Patients
- We are only seeing patients by appointment only.
- When you book your appointment, please follow the proper extensions:
- Extension 2 is for booking eye exams and for contact lens-related questions
- Extension 3 is for our glasses lab, including pickups, adjustments, repairs, new glasses, etc.
- While booking your appointment over the phone, we will ask COVID-19 related questions and confirm your medical history prior to your appointment.
- Please arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a parent or guardian coming for your child’s appointment. We allow one caregiver per child in our practice.
- Please arrive for your appointment no more than 10 minutes early as we have spaced our appointments out to accommodate social distancing.
- When you enter our practice, you will have to have your temperature taken with a non-contact thermometer and you will be required to sanitize your hands.
- We will ask COVID-19 screening questions. Please answer these honestly.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms within the last 2 weeks
- You will be required to wear a disposable medical mask for your entire appointment, as mandated on November 4th, 2020. All health facilities are required to have disposable medical-grade masks.
- If you are not able to wear a mask for any reason, we will not be able to see you for your appointment at this time.
- Do not bring any outside food or drink, and please use the washroom prior to your appointment.
- If you are visiting our dispensary, please place anything you touch on the counter under the display so we can gather the frames and UV sanitize them before they are put back out.
- We are currently working through our appointment backlog following our 2.5-month closure back in March 2020. If you have to cancel your appointment for any reason, please provide us with 24 hours notice, or you may be billed a $100 No Show Fee. Our goal is to accommodate as many as possible because we do have many patients on our waitlist.
What We’re Doing to Protect Our Patients
- We use 99% isopropyl alcohol for all disinfecting throughout the office.
- All staff members and doctors have their temperatures taken on arrival to the clinic.
- All debit terminals are sanitized between every use.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front desk and between dispensing tables.
- Our waiting room is socially distanced and held to a certain number of patients at all times.
- The waiting room and dispensing chairs are also sanitized between each use. We have small signs to mark the chair “Clean” for use.
- Washrooms are cleaned in between each patient.
- We also have signs for our bathroom to indicate if it’s been cleaned since last use.
- All machines patients come into contact with during their appointment are sanitized between every use with 99% isopropyl alcohol.
- All staff will wear appropriate PPE at all times, including masks and, whenever necessary, face shields.
- All glasses frames are UV disinfected between each patient.
- Common surfaces are sanitized periodically, including door handles, drawers, chairs, computers, tools and equipment, phones, pens, and counters.
- Pens are marked by a “clean” and “dirty” jar.
- All reading materials and toys have been removed from the waiting room.
- We are shipping glasses and contact lenses to home addresses at no charge whenever possible. We will also take payment over the phone to limit traffic.
- Our staff deep cleans the practice every morning and every night.