Nicola Eye Care is Open & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and wellbeing of our staff, doctors, and patients is our number one priority. Our team continues to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice feels safe.
As most of you know, there are many challenges right now with COVID-19 and we would like you to know what Nicola Eye Care is doing to help prevent the spread:
What We Ask of Our Patients
- We are only seeing patients by appointment only for eye exams.
- When you book your appointment,
- Extension 2 is for booking eye exams and for contact lens-related questions
- Extension 3 is for our glasses lab, including pickups, adjustments, repairs, new glasses, etc.
- While booking your appointment over the phone, we will confirm your medical history prior to your appointment.
- Please arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a caregiver accompanying a patient who needs assistance.
- Please arrive for your appointment no more than 10 minutes early as we have spaced our appointments out to accommodate social distancing.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late we may have to reschedule your appointment
- When you enter our practice, you will be required to sanitize your hands, and you will be asked to switch your mask to a disposable medical mask.
- We will ask COVID-19 screening questions
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms.
- You will be required to wear a disposable medical mask for your entire appointment, as mandated on November 4th, 2020. All health facilities are required to have disposable medical-grade masks.
- If you are not able to wear a mask ,we will not be able to see you at this time.
- Do not bring any outside food or drink, and please use the washroom prior to your appointment.
- If you are visiting our dispensary, please place anything you touch on the counter under the display so we can gather the frames and sanitize them.
- If you have to cancel your appointment with us for any reason, please provide us with 24 hours notice, so that we can offer your time slot to another patient on our wait list. You will be billed a $100 No Show Fee if you fail to notify us of your need to cancel.
What We’re Doing to Protect Our Patients
- We use 99% isopropyl alcohol for all disinfecting throughout the office.
- All staff members and doctors have had at least 2 doses of an approved Covid-19 vaccine.
- All debit terminals are sanitized between every use.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front desk and between dispensing tables.
- Our waiting room is socially distanced.
- Washrooms are cleaned regularly.
- All machines patients come into contact with during their appointment are sanitized between every use with 99% isopropyl alcohol.
- All staff will wear appropriate PPE at all times, including masks and, whenever necessary, face shields.
- All glasses frames are UV disinfected between each patient.
- Common surfaces are sanitized periodically, including door handles, drawers, chairs, computers, tools and equipment, phones, pens, and counters.
- Pens are marked by a “clean” and “dirty” jar.
- All reading materials and toys have been removed from the waiting room.
- We are shipping glasses and contact lenses to home addresses at no charge whenever possible. We will also take payment over the phone to limit traffic.
- Our staff deep cleans the practice every morning and every night.